SwissDisk is committed to protecting your online privacy. The following policy explains how your personal information will be treated when you register for a SwissDisk account. If we are going to use customers’ personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify customers via email and by posting a notice on our Web site for 30 days.
Simply put, we are committed to providing you with the best service available online or elsewhere. Unlike other online services, SwissDisk will NOT disclose your personal information to third parties.
This policy explains:
- What is SwissDisk and what personal information does SwissDisk collect?
- What are cookies and how does SwissDisk use them?
- How does SwissDisk use my information?
- Who is collecting information?
- With whom does SwissDisk share my information?
- My choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of my information.
- How to update, correct, or delete my personal information.
- Precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of my info and data.
- Additional Information
Who/what is SwissDisk and what personal information does SwissDisk collect?
SwissDisk is a wholly owned subsidiary of Next Star Industries, Inc. SwissDisk provides customers with online storage space which can be used to store, access, and protect important files. SwissDisk is web based, and we require, at a minimum, the following information upon registration. Once registered, you are part of the SwissDisk community, a customer account is created, and you can take full advantage of our services.
- SwissDisk Username
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Mailing Address, State/Province, Country and Zip/Postal Code
- Billing Name
- Billing Address, State/Province, Country and Zip/Postal Code
- Credit Card Number, Type, Expiration Date and Verification Code
In addition to registration we may ask you for other information immediately following the registration process, when you enter a contest or promotion, and when you report a problem with the service or with your account. If you contact SwissDisk we will keep a record of that correspondence. SwissDisk also occasionally asks registered users to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. Wherever SwissDisk collects personal data we will only use that information in aggregate.
SwissDisk customers use our service to store files and folders (data). Since this data is encrypted using a user-specific password, SwissDisk is unable to review, share, distribute, print, or reference any such data except as outlined in the Terms of Service or as may be required by law.
What are cookies and how does SwissDisk use them?
- To establish an authenticated session with the service when you login to your SwissDisk account using our web interface. When you use SwissDisk's web interface to access your account, logging in will require that you accept a session ID cookie. When you close your web browser, the session ID cookie will terminate.
- To remember some of your basic account preferences in order to deliver a better, more personalized service. A persistent cookie may be set when you register, "Sign In," or use the SwissDisk web interface to record certain application settings and other preferences.
SwissDisk may also record your IP address for system administration, monitoring, and fraud prevention purposes. IP Addresses are not linked or cross-referenced with any personally identifiable information.
How does SwissDisk use my information?
SwissDisk's only reason for collecting personal information is to provide you, the customer, with our customized service.
SwissDisk does not provide any of your personal information to third parties. We do not sell or give access to our customer e-mail list or other customer profile information to anyone.
SwissDisk does research on customer demographics and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, during a promotion, from our server log files or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our customers. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis.
Who is collecting information?
When you access SwissDisk and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with SwissDisk alone. We also make use of the Google AdWords service (https://adwords.google.com/select/) to provide basic reporting on web site visitors that access SwissDisk from paid ads on Google's website. Google does NOT capture any information that can personally identify any of SwissDisk's customers or visitors.
With whom does SwissDisk share my information?
SwissDisk will not disclose any of your personal information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or under the circumstances described below. Please see our Terms of Service for more detailed information about how your personal information may be shared. The following describes some of the ways that your information may be disclosed.
- Data in the Aggregate: SwissDisk may disclose aggregated statistics (for example, 45% of our users are in the United States) in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- Special Circumstances: SwissDisk may also disclose account information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating SwissDisk's Terms of Service or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) SwissDisk's rights or property, other SwissDisk users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. SwissDisk may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
What are my choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of my information?
SwissDisk may, from time to time, e-mail you regarding our products and services. Only SwissDisk or agents working under confidentiality agreements on behalf of SwissDisk will send you such e-mail. Customers who do not wish to receive these announcements may opt-out of receiving these communications by sending an e-mail to unsubscribe-newswire @ swissdisk.com. All announcements sent by SwissDisk also include unsubscribe instructions.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to access your SwissDisk via the web interface.
What is SwissDisk's policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personal information?
You can edit your SwissDisk account information at any time by accessing your account using our web interface (your profile information can be modified by accessing the "Personal Profile" page once you are logged in). If you have forgotten your password, please visit our Customer Support Center for assistance.
Your SwissDisk account can be easily revised, deleted or deactivated at anytime. Doing so will result in losing access to your services provided by SwissDisk, including your SwissDisk and any files stored in it. Please visit our Customer Support Center for instructions about deleting or deactivating your SwissDisk account. Residual account information remains archived within our records.
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information and data?
When you register for an SwissDisk account, the signup pages will ask you for sensitive information (such as your credit card number). Information collected when you register is encrypted and is protected with industry standard SSL encryption. While on a secure page, such as our signup page, the padlock icon on the bottom of most Web browsers becomes locked.
Your SwissDisk account information and SwissDisk customer profile are password-protected so that you, and only you, have access to this personal information. You may edit your SwissDisk account information by logging into our web interface using your SwissDisk username and password.
We require that you do not divulge your password to anyone. SwissDisk will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail. Also remember to sign out of your SwissDisk account and close your browser window when you finish your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information or files if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, SwissDisk cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or while using the service, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.